The Methow Valley Fund, managed by the Community Foundation of North Central Washington, has recently awarded $70,480 in grants to Methow Valley nonprofits.
Established in 2006, the Methow Valley Fund provides grant funding to charitable organizations that are meeting needs and developing strong, sustainable programs that enhance the Methow Valley.
The fund is advised by a diverse group of volunteers who live and work in the valley and have first-hand knowledge of the local needs and opportunities that make successful impacts in the community. Awards are recommended by the advisers and approved by the Community Foundation’s board of trustees.
Award recipients, amounts, and programs funded:
• Aero Methow Rescue Service, $3,640 to extend the back-up generator power from the operations building to the administration building.
• Cascadia Methow Music Association, $1,000 to purchase accounting software and cover costs for website upgrades.
• Classroom in Bloom, $4,140 to support an education coordinator position critical for K-6 curriculum development for the school garden.
• Confluence Gallery & Art Center, $3,140 to support a technology upgrade.
• Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance, Methow Chapter, $2,000 to support the purchase, design, and installation of multi-use trail signage on currently unmarked trails in the Methow Valley Ranger District.
• Family Planning of North Central Washington, $3,000 to improve office space located at Room One.
• Little Star Montessori School, $3,500 to support general operations.
• Methow Arts Alliance, $4,640 to support arts education programs at the Methow Valley School District using local teaching artists.
• Methow Valley Interpretive Center, $3,000 to support educational programming that promotes students’ understanding of their local environment.
• Methow Mentoring & Childcare, $2,500 for start-up support for early education preschool for children ages 2–6 and after school childcare for children grades K–9.
• Methow Recycles, $2,940 for development of education and outreach materials.
• Methow Trails, $2,640 to support artist fees for life-sized “Wild Side Character Panels” used as a fun physical challenge and education tool for kids while skiing and/or hiking the Methow Trails system.
• Methow Valley Chamber Music Festival, $2,500 to support musician fees.
• Methow Valley Community School, $1,500 for general operating support.
• Methow Valley Family Home Center Association (Jamie’s Place), $3,000 to help with purchase and installation of new flooring.
• Methow Valley Riding Unlimited, $2,000 to support the “Let ’Em Ride” 10-week horsemanship program that works with special needs students from Methow Valley Elementary School.
• Methow Valley School District, $3,650 to support elementary school staff to attend a two-day International Baccalaureate training session to design engaging units of integrated study.
• Methow Valley School District, $3,640 to support high school staff to attend a two-day International Baccalaureate training session to design engaging units of integrated study.
• Okanogan Conservation District, $3,640 to support the Firewise program, providing education and technical assistance to landowners in areas at risk from wildfire in Okanogan County.
• Room One, $3,140 to help purchase essential, updated office equipment.
• Shafer Museum, $2,000 to help finance the printing of an abridged edition of Seven Years on the Pacific Slope, first printed in 1914 and authored by a female pioneer who documented historical events, people, and life in the Methow Valley.
• The Merc Playhouse, $2,000 to support operating costs in association with presenting youth theater opportunities and engaging younger audiences in theater performance.
• TwispWorks Foundation, $3,140 for materials to complete landscaping and exterior improvements to continue the improvement of TwispWorks campus.
• Valley Teen Center, $2,500 for general operating support.
• Winthrop Ice & Sports Rink, $1,640 to support matching campaign to install refrigeration system to help increase skating opportunities at an outdoor ice rink.