Methow Valley author Subhaga Crystal Bacon will be doing a series of readings from her newest poetry collection, the Isabella Gardner Poetry Award-winning “Transitory,” which was released this week by BOA Editions.
“Grounded in protest and solidarity … ‘Transitory’ is a collection of elegies memorializing 46 transgender and gender-nonconforming people murdered in the US and Puerto Rico in 2020,” according to a BOA press release. “Epistolary in nature, these commemorative poems are ‘gleaned sketches’ attempting to reconstruct lives and deaths from the typically scarce information made available on the internet.”
The readings are:
• Thursday, Nov. 16, 5 p.m., at Bob’s Burgers and Brews in Wenatchee, with the Third Thursday Poets.
• Saturday, Nov. 18, 3 p.m., with the Seattle Trans and Non-binary Chorale Ensemble at Rainier Presbyterian Church in Seattle.
• Sunday, Nov. 19, 1 p.m., via Zoom with Diane Seuss, CA Conrad, and Jill McDonough for the Hudson Valley Writers Center, www.writerscenter.org/calendar/bacon.
• Monday, Nov. 20, 7:30 p.m., with the Seattle Trans and Non-binary Chorale Ensemble at Pigott Auditorium at Seattle University.
• Tuesday, Nov. 21, 7 p.m., Elliott Bay Books in Seattle.
Read more of Bacon’s work at www.subhagacrystalbacon.com.