Spinners & Weavers sale
The Methow Valley Spinners & Weavers guild will host its annual Show and Sale, sharing their love of fiber arts, on Friday (Nov. 17) from 2-6 p.m. and Saturday (Nov. 18) from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The free shows will be at 137 Old Twisp Highway, off Highway 20 between Twisp and Winthrop.
There will be one-of-kind handwoven towels, blankets, rugs, scarves, handspun yarns, hand-dyed techniques, and more. Cash or checks only. Visit www.methowweavers.com for information.
Narnia vocabulary trivia night
Join C.S. Lewis scholar and author Greg Wright for a fun and educational interactive tour through the creative language Lewis embedded in his classic fantasy series “The Chronicles of Narnia,” on Sunday, Nov. 26, from 7-9 p.m. at Brix Wine Bar and Bottle Shop in Winthrop. Beverages and small plate service will be available. The free event is presented by Methow Press.
The Confluence: Art in Twisp opens its next main gallery exhibit, “Life’s Little Pleasures: Small Works Show,” on Saturday, Nov. 25, continuing through Jan. 6. There will be an opening night reception from 5-7 p.m. Curators are Joanne Marracci and Cheryl Quintana.
Also opening in the Community Gallery on Nov. 25 is a show by Salyna Gracie, “Awakened Dreams,” that will continue through Jan. 6 as well.
Live music in the valley
The information below was provided by Methow Music Monthly and other sources. For more information, visit www.methowmusicmonthly.com.
• Sundays, classical guitarist Terry Hunt at Twisp River Tap House, 5:30 p.m. No cover.
• Mondays, Cascadia Chorale rehearsals, Methow Valley United Methodist Church, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
• Wednesdays, dance instruction with Debbie Bair at Twisp River Tap House, ages 12 and up, 6-8:30 p.m. $5.
• Wednesdays, Zumba 101 with Tani at Winthrop Physical Therapy & Fitness, 9:30 a.m.
• Wednesdays, Methow Ukulele Group meets at Mazama Store, 4-6 p.m. More information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Thursdays, Zumba workout at Methow Valley Community Center, 5:30-6:20 p.m. By donation.
• Thursdays, Pipestone Orchestra rehearsals at Methow Valley Community Center, 6 p.m.
• Thursdays in November, team Twisp Trivia with host Ryan D at Twisp River Tap House, 6-8:45 p.m. Up to six players, $5 each.
• Fridays, open mic jam with Gregg Hardy at Twisp River Tap House, 6 p.m.-closing. No cover.
• First and third Fridays, Friday Feels (Soleil Kelley, Loren Boley, Isaac Shaw, Noah Ashford and friends) at Meza restaurant, Winthrop, 6-8 p.m. No cover.
• Thursday, Nov. 16, Angus Brookes plays bluegrass, country, Celtic traditional and other eclectic folk music at OSB Taproom, Twisp, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Nov. 17, SmallTown Strings, a brother-sister duo from Curlew (niece and nephew of Brandi Carlisle) offer a mix of folk, Americana, and indie at Sun Mountain Lodge, 6 p.m. Benefit for Cascadia Music; $10 donation suggested.
• Friday, Nov. 17, Kris Borgias performs rock, blues and folk at Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, Nov. 18, Marcus Duke Project at Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesday, Nov. 21, the Snowberries play jazz standards and more at Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Wednesday, Nov. 22, international artist Jill Barber at Sun Mountain Lodge, 7 p.m. $25.
• Friday, Nov. 24, Stephen Kish at Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Dec. 1, open mic with Stephen Kish at Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthop, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesday, Dec. 5, Karen et Gil at Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Dec. 8, Itterly & Pitman, a folk/blues duo from Vashon Island, at Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• Thursday, Dec. 14, open mic at OSB Taproom, Twisp, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Dec. 15, local singer/songwriter Ken Bevis at Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesday, Dec. 19, jazz and classical standards from Ben Wheeler and Sarah Stephens at Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.