Missoula Children’s Theatre shows
The Missoula Children’s Theatre, which has been in rehearsals with local kids this week, will offer two presentations of its 2023 production, “Hercules” — a musical adaptation based on the mythical Greek hero — on Saturday (Nov. 11). The shows are at 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. at Methow Valley Elementary School. Tickets are $8 for adults, $3 for students ages 6-17, and free for those 5 and younger. A limited number of free tickets are available to clients of The Cove and Room One, at their offices.
The cast will include more than 50 local students. For information, email email@example.com or call (509) 997-4004.
Spinners & Weavers sale
The Methow Valley Spinners & Weavers guild will host its annual Show and Sale, sharing their love of fiber arts, on Friday, Nov. 17, from 2-6 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 18, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The free shows will be at 137 Old Twisp Highway, off Highway 20 between Twisp and Winthrop.
There will be one-of-kind handwoven towels, blankets, rugs, scarves, handspun yarns, hand-dyed techniques, and more. Cash or checks only. Visit www.methowweavers.com for information.
Narnia vocabulary trivia night
Join C.S. Lewis scholar and author Greg Wright for a fun and educational interactive tour through the creative language Lewis embedded in his classic fantasy series “The Chronicles of Narnia,” on Sunday, Nov. 26, from 7-9 p.m. at Brix Wine Bar and Bottle Shop in Winthrop. Beverages and small plate service will be available. The free event is presented by Methow Press.
The Confluence: Art in Twisp opens its next main gallery exhibit, “Life’s Little Pleasures: Small Works Show,” on Saturday, Nov. 24, continuing through Jan. 6. There will be an opening night reception from 5-7 p.m. Curators are Joanne Marracci and Cheryl Quintana.
According to a Confluence press release, “Life’s little pleasures come in all shapes and sizes, from dancing in the rain to smelling a rose. We invite you to explore what life’s little pleasures mean to you.”
Live Music in the Valley
The information below was provided by Methow Music Monthly and other sources. For more information, visit www.methowmusicmonthly.com.
• Sundays, classical guitarist Terry Hunt at Twisp River Tap House, 5:30 p.m. No cover.
• Mondays, Cascadia Chorale rehearsals, Methow Valley United Methodist Church, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
• Wednesdays, dance instruction with Debbie Bair at Twisp River Tap House, ages 12 and up, 6-8:30 p.m. $5.
• Wednesdays, Zumba 101 with Tani at Winthrop Physical Therapy & Fitness, 9:30 a.m.
• Wednesdays, Methow Ukulele Group meets at Mazama Store, 4-6 p.m. More information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Thursdays, Zumba workout at Methow Valley Community Center, 5:30-6:20 p.m. By donation.
• Thursdays, Pipestone Orchestra rehearsals at Methow Valley Community Center, 6 p.m.
• Thursdays in November, team Twisp Trivia with host Ryan D at Twisp River Tap House, 6-8:45 p.m. Up to six players, $5 each.
• Fridays, open mic jam with Gregg Hardy at Twisp River Tap House, 6 p.m.-closing. No cover.
• First and third Fridays, Friday Feels (Soleil Kelley, Loren Boley, Isaac Shaw, Noah Ashford and friends) at Meza restaurant, Winthrop, 6-8 p.m. No cover.
• Thursday, Nov. 9, open mic at OSB Taproom, Twisp, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, Nov. 11, fundraising event for the Knox family with Honey and the Killer Beez at Twisp Eagles Aerie, dinner 4-6 p.m., music 6-8 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 11, an evening of line dancing at Twisp River Tap House, 7 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesday, Nov. 14, Stephen Kish at Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Thursday, Nov. 16, Angus Brookes plays bluegrass, country, Celtic traditional and other eclectic folk music at OSB Taproom, Twisp, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Nov. 17, SmallTown Strings, a brother-sister duo from Curlew (niece and nephew of Brandi Carlisle) offer a mix of folk, Americana, and indie at Sun Mountain Lodge, 6 p.m. Benefit for Cascadia Music; $10 donation suggested.
• Friday, Nov. 17, Kris Borgias performs rock, blues and folk at Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, Nov. 18, Marcus Duke Project at Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesday, Nov. 21, the Snowberries play jazz standards and more at Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Wednesday, Nov. 22, international artist Jill Barber at Sun Mountain Lodge, 7 p.m. $25.
• Friday, Nov. 24, Stephen Kish at Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Dec. 1, open mic with Stephen Kish at Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthop, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesday, Dec. 5, Karen et Gil at Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Dec. 8, Itterly & Pitman, a folk/blues duo from Vashon Island, at Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• Thursday, Dec. 14, open mic at OSB Taproom, Twisp, 5:30-8:30 p.m.