Fourth Friday at TwispWorks
TwispWorks is opening its campus on the fourth Friday of each month for music and studio visits. The events are free and open to all. Next up is Friday (Sept. 22), with music by Essential I and WritRwhoRaps from 5:30-6:30 p.m., and The Panda Conspiracy from 7:30-10 p.m.; partner studios open from 5-7 p.m.
Memoir writing workshops
Sarah Conover, whose most recent book is “Set Adrift: A Mystery and a Memoir,” will offer a series of writing workshops in the community room at the Winthrop library this fall. “Making it Matter: A Memoir Writing Workshop,” is a four-session workshop sponsored by Methow At Home (MAH), from 12:30-3 p.m. on Thursdays, Sept. 21 and 28 and Oct. 5 and 12; all ages are welcome. More sessions may be added if enough participants are interested. The cost is $20 for MAH members or $40 for non-members; scholarships are available. Register at methowathome.org.
Cascadia Chorale needs you
The Cascadia Chorale, directed by Terry Hunt, has started rehearsing for its Holiday Concert and invites people to join. Singers practice on Monday evenings starting Sept. 18 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Methow Valley United Methodist Church between Twisp and Winthrop.
Prior experience singing or reading music is helpful. All ages are welcome and no auditions are required. Attending rehearsal every week or frequently and practicing on your own is encouraged. Cascadia recommends but does not require that singers have up-to-date COVID vaccines, boosters and masks.
The Holiday Concert featuring the Cascadia Chorale, the Pipestone Orchestra and friends will be held on Dec. 12 and 13. For more information, contact Terry Hunt at email@example.com or (509) 699-3589.
Live music in the valley
The information below was provided by Methow Music Monthly and other sources. For more information, visit www.methowmusicmonthly.com.
• Sundays, classical guitarist Terry Hunt at Twisp River Tap House, 6 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays, Zumba 101 with Tani at Winthrop Physical Therapy and Fitness, 9:30 a.m. Free to gym members, drop-in rates available.
• Wednesdays, dance instruction with Debbie Bair at Twisp River Tap House, 6-8:30 p.m. $10.
• Wednesdays, Methow Ukulele Group meets at Mazama Store, 5-7 p.m. More information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Thursdays, Zumba workout at Methow Valley Community Center, 5:30-6:20 p.m. By donation.
• Thursdays, blues guitarist and flautist Rojer Arnold, Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m. No cover.
• Fridays, open mic jam with Gregg Hardy at Twisp River Tap House, 6 p.m.-closing. No cover.
• First and third Fridays, Friday Feels (Soleil Kelley, Loren Boley, Isaac Shaw, Noah Ashford and friends) at Meza restaurant, Winthrop, 6-8 p.m. No cover.
• Learn the “Thriller” dance for the Halloween season on Wednesdays at Twisp River Tap House, 7-7:20 p.m.; Sundays Sept. 17 and 24 at Twisp Town Park from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Free.
• Friday, Sept. 22, far-alt-country jam band Goodtime Hustle at Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Sept. 22, singer/songwriter/guitarist Ali McGuirk at Sun Mountain Lodge, 7 p.m. $20.
• Friday, Sept. 22, Essential I, WritRwhoRaps and The Panda Conspiracy at TwispWorks Pavilion, 5:30-10 p.m. Free.
• Saturday, Sept. 23, Tamarack String Quartet at Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, Sept. 23, Methow Marimba at TwispWorks Pavilion, 3-5 p.m. Free.
• Tuesday, Sept. 26, Stephen Kish at Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Sept. 29, Swallowtail (Emele Clothier and Matt Armbrust) at Twisp River Tap House, 6 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, Sept. 30, Vera Loves Vinyl dance party at Twisp River Tap House, 7 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesday, Oct. 9, the Snowberries (Teresa Hayden, Tom Kelley, Suzanne King, Mark King) play jazz standards and more at the Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesday, Oct. 17, singer/songwriter and recording artist Jeffrey Foucault at Sun Mountain Lodge, 7 p.m. $25.
• Tuesday, Oct. 24, George Schneider/Marcus Duke Duo at Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.