‘Awareness’ poetry reading
Confluence Poets host a poetry reading with the theme “Awareness” on Saturday, Sept. 23, at the TwispWorks Pavilion. The free event begins at 1 p.m. Confluence Poets and special guests will offer readings selected in connection with various national and international health and cultural awareness issues. Visit confluencepoets.com for more information.
Fall Arts Walk
The Twisp Fall Arts Walk will be on Saturday, Sept. 23, from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Artists, musicians, performers and food vendors will be set up on Glover Street and on the TwispWorks campus for the free event. The High Country Kickers and musicians from Cascadia Music will be performing downtown with poetry performances from Confluence Poets and a local Marimba band at the TwispWorks pavilion stage.
Memoir writing workshops
Sarah Conover, whose most recent book is “Set Adrift: A Mystery and a Memoir,” will offer writing workshops in the community room at the Winthrop library this fall:
• “Bittersweet: Finding the Language for Love and Loss,” a single session on Tuesday, Sept. 19, from 12:30-3 p.m. There is no cost to participate. Register in advance at: https://ncrl.evanced.info/signup; scroll down the calendar to the event.
• “Making it Matter: A Memoir Writing Workshop,” a four-session workshop sponsored by Methow At Home (MAH), from 12:30-3 p.m. on Thursdays, Sept. 21 and 28 and Oct. 5 and 12; all ages are welcome. More sessions may be added if enough participants are interested. The cost is $20 for MAH members or $40 for non-members; scholarships are available. Register at methowathome.org.
Fourth Friday at TwispWorks
TwispWorks is opening up its campus on the fourth Friday of each month for music and studio visits. The events are free and open to all. Next up is Friday, Sept. 22, music by Essential I and WritRwhoRaps from 5:30-6:30 p.m., and The Panda Conspiracy from 7:30-10 p.m.; partner studios open from 5-7 p.m.
Live music in the Valley
The information below was provided by Methow Music Monthly and other sources. For more information, visit www.methowmusicmonthly.com.
• Sundays, classical guitarist Terry Hunt at Twisp River Tap House, 6 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesdays and Thursdays, Zumba 101 with Tani at Winthrop Physical Therapy and Fitness, 9:30 a.m. Free to gym members, drop-in rates available.
• Wednesdays, dance instruction with Debbie Bair at Twisp River Tap House, 6-8:30 p.m. $10.
• Wednesdays, Methow Ukulele Group meets at Mazama Store, 5-7 p.m. More information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Thursdays, Zumba workout at Methow Valley Community Center, 5:30-6:20 p.m. By donation.
• Thursdays, blues guitarist and flautist Rojer Arnold, Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m. No cover.
• Fridays, open mic jam with Gregg Hardy at Twisp River Tap House, 6 p.m.-closing. No cover.
• First and third Fridays, Friday Feels (Soleil Kelley, Loren Boley, Isaac Shaw, Noah Ashford and friends) at Meza restaurant, Winthrop, 6-8 p.m. No cover.
• Learn the “Thriller” dance for the Halloween season on Wednesdays at Twisp River Tap House, 7-7:20 p.m.; Sundays Sept. 17 and 24 at Twisp Town Park from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Free.
• Thursday, Sept. 14, Buz Brose at 1908 Barbecue and Bourbon, Twisp, 7 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Sept. 15, singer/songwriter Bethany Jean at Sun Mountain Lodge, 7 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, Sept. 16, Methow Valley favorites The Family Dog at Mazama Public House, 7-10 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Sept. 22, far-alt-country jam band Goodtime Hustle at Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Sept. 22, singer/songwriter/guitarist Ali McGuirk at Sun Mountain Lodge, 7 p.m. $20.
• Friday, Sept. 22, Essential I, WritRwhoRaps and The Panda Conspiracy at TwispWorks Pavilion, 5:30-10 p.m. Free.
• Saturday, Sept. 23, Tamarack String Quartet at Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, Sept. 23, Methow Marimba at TwispWorks Pavilion, 3-5 p.m. Free.
• Tuesday, Sept. 26, Stephen Kish at Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Sept. 29, Swallowtail (Emele Clothier and Matt Armbrust) at Twisp River Tap House, 6 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, Sept. 30, Vera Loves Vinyl dance party at Twisp River Tap House, 7 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesday, Oct. 9, the Snowberries (Teresa Hayden, Tom Kelley, Suzanne King, Mark King) play jazz standards and more at the Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesday, Oct. 17, singer/songwriter and recording artist Jeffrey Foucault at Sun Mountain Lodge, 7 p.m. $25.
• Tuesday, Oct. 24, George Schneider/Marcus Duke Duo at Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.