Upcoming at Confluence
The Confluence: Art in Twisp will open two new exhibits in the main and community galleries with a reception on Saturday, Sept. 2, from 5-7 p.m. The exhibits, which continue through Oct. 7, are:
• In the main gallery, “Equus” — celebrating our fascination with horses — curated by Cheryl Wrangle and Caryl Campbell.
• In the community gallery, “Stop the World,” featuring works by Gregg Caudell.
For information, visit www.confluencegallery.org.
Poetry reading at Trail’s End
Poet Ruth Payne will be joined by other poets for readings from her collection of inspirational verse, “Gems from the Heart,” at Trail’s End Bookstore in Winthrop on Thursday, Sept. 7.
The free event, co-sponsored by Trail’s End and Methow Press, begins at 6:30 p.m. Light refreshments will be served, and books will be available for purchase. Contact Greg Wright at Methow Press for more information: (425) 381-1388.
Art Walk vendors
If you want to take part as a vendor in the Twisp Fall Art Walk on Saturday, Sept. 23, email email@example.com for an application form. Applications are due by Sept. 9.
In September, The Merc Playhouse will host auditions for a Readers Theater production of “The Girl on the Train,” based on the Paula Hawkins thriller novel and film and directed by Jane Orme, and for the full production of “Clue,” based on the screenplay by Jonathan Lynn and directed by Kira Wood-Cramer.
• Auditions for “The Girl on the Train” are on Sept. 5 and 6 from 4-6 p.m. Roles includes three women ages 20-40; three men ages 20-40; and one of any age or gender. Performance dates are Oct. 13-22.
• Auditions for “Clue” will be Sept. 26 and 27, from 4-6 p.m. Roles include six men ages 16-60; and five or six women ages 16-60. Performance dates are Dec. 8-17.
Auditioners will be given pages to read. No previous experience or prepared readings are necessary.
The Merc’s full production of “Ripcord,” written by David Lindsay-Abaire and directed by Phil Quevillon, will have performances between Sept. 22 and Oct. 1.
For information, visit www.mercplayhouse.org.
Live music in the valley
The information below was provided by Methow Music Monthly and other sources. For more information, visit www.methowmusicmonthly.com.
• Sundays, classical guitarist Terry Hunt at Twisp River Tap House, 6 p.m. No cover.
• Wednesdays, dance instruction with Debbie Bair at Twisp River Tap House, 6-8:30 p.m. $10.
• Wednesdays, Methow Ukulele Group meets at Mazama Store, 5-7 p.m. More information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesdays, “Wunderkind Wednesdays,” talented youth perform at the Twisp River Tap House, curated by Ilo Curtis, 6 p.m. No cover.
• Fridays, open mic jam with Gregg Hardy at Twisp River Tap House, 6 p.m.-closing. No cover.
• First and third Fridays, Soleil Kelley, Loren Boley and Isaac Shaw and friends, at Meza restaurant, Winthrop, 6-8 p.m. No cover.
• Thursday, Aug. 24, Buz Brose at 1908 Barbecue and Bourbon, Twisp, 7:30 p.m. No cover.
• Thursday, Aug. 24, Emele Clothier and Guest at Jupiter, Winthrop, 6-8 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Aug. 25, The Paperboys deliver a high-energy evening of songcraft and musical composition at Twisp River Tap House, 7:30 p.m. Advance tickets $18; $20 day of show.
• Friday, Aug. 25, Mac Potts at Sweetriver Bakery, Pateros, 7 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, Aug. 26, Norman Baker & the Backroads at Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, Aug. 26, Waterdog at Sweetriver Bakery, Pateros, 7 p.m. No cover.
• Sunday, Aug. 27, American folk band with dual banjoists The Lowest Pair at Sun Mountain Lodge; $25.
• Saturday, Sept. 2, Swallowtail (Emele Clothier and Matt Armbrust) at Methow Valley Ciderhouse, 6 p.m. No cover with meal.
• Saturday, Sept. 2, longtime local favorites and Rhythm & Blues Festival regulars Too Slim and the Taildraggers at Twisp River Tap House, 7 p.m.; $17 in advance, $20 at the door.
• Saturday, Sept. 2, Jeremy Abbott Band at Sweetriver Bakery, Pateros, 7 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Sept. 8, Nick Allen at Sweetriver Bakery, Pateros, 7 p.m. No cover.
• Thursday, Sept. 14, Buz Brose at 1908 Barbecue and Bourbon, Twisp, 7 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Sept. 22, far-alt-country jam band Goodtime Hustle at Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, Sept. 22, singer/songwriter/guitarist Ali McGuirk at Sun Mountain Lodge, 7 p.m. $20.
• Tuesday, Oct. 17, singer/songwriter and recording artist Jeffrey Foucault at Sun Mountain Lodge, 7 p.m. $25.