Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office
• On Aug. 10 at 9:12 a.m., a caller at a location on East Methow Valley Highway, Twisp, reported a bounced check.
• On Aug. 11 at 11:19 a.m., a caller on Libby Creek Road, Carlton, reported a dispute with their ex-spouse over whether their children could be taken out of the country on a vacation.
• On Aug. 12 at 8:40 a.m., a caller on Thurlow Road, Twisp, reported that a neighbor with mental health issues had come to the caller’s house and asked to see their radio because the neighbor thought it was causing them delusions.
• On Aug. 13 at 8:25 p.m., a caller on Wolf Creek Road, Winthrop, reported hearing gunshots across the valley.
• On Aug. 13 at 10:27 p.m. a caller at a location on North Methow Valley Highway, Twisp, reported a trespasser.
• On Aug. 14 at 12:44 p.m., a caller on North Lincoln Street, Twisp, reported that a couple had been “squatting” in a camper at the town park.
• On Aug. 14 at 10:12 p.m., a caller on Solitude Lane, Winthrop, saw people walking around with flashlights on a neighbor’s property and thought it might be a burglary, but then heard from the property’s owner that the persons were allowed to be there.
• On Aug. 15 at 1:28 p.m., a caller on Burton Street, Twisp, said they had asked another person to get a gold ring appraised, but instead that person had pawned it in Wenatchee.
• On Aug. 15 at 2:54 p.m., a caller on East Methow Valley Highway, Twisp, reported a poodle locked in a car and advised they might break the window, but then the vehicle’s owner approached and they began arguing, at which point the phone call ended, so we don’t know what happened to the dog.
• On Aug. 16 at 12:37 p.m., a caller on Highway 153, Pateros, reported that they were being harassed by a couple of relatives.
Winthrop Marshal’s Office
• On Aug. 10 at 11:44 a.m., a non-injury, two-vehicle collision was reported at Corral Street and Englar Street.
• On Aug. 13 at 8:52 p.m., a caller on Castle Avenue reported that a neighbor was doing outdoor burning, and they asked the neighbor to put it out, but the neighbor was unresponsive.
• On Aug. 13 at 11 p.m., a burglary was reported at a location on White Avenue.
• On Aug. 16 at 5:03 p.m., a deputy assisted someone who was locked out of their vehicle.