Friends of the Winthrop Public Library (FOWL, the library staff and Methow Press have organized a month-long program of activities in June to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the library’s opening, as well as the opening of the new outdoor library. Scheduled events include:
• Friday (June 16) — NCW Libraries and FOWL-sponsored game night with snacks and games provided, 5:30-8 p.m., community room. For all ages.
• June 20-24 — Drop by the Makerspace all week to enjoy a variety of craft projects.
• June 27 — NCW Libraries author readings featuring artist and author Erik Brooks sharing share some examples of his work (4-5 p.m., for kids); and Sarah Conover reading from her newly published memoir detailing the story of her family’s disappearance while sailing in the Bermuda Triangle in 1958, (6-7 p.m., for adults), community room.
For more information, visit www.winthroplibraryfriends.org/events.
At the Twisp library
• June 27 — “Connect the Dots,” 1 p.m. Join author/illustrator Erik Brooks to “connect the dots” between the love of making art and all of the different ways we can communicate with words and pictures. Free.
• July 19 — My Story, 6 p.m. An evening of short, true stories told by your friends and neighbors Refreshments provided by the Twisp Library Friends. Free.