Room One and Methow Pride are partnering to offer an in-person workshop for parents and educators supporting TQ+ youth on Thursday (June 1) from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Participation in the workshop is by RSVP only: Contact Kelly Edwards at email@example.com or (509) 997-2050; or Colbey Breed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the interactive workshop, parents and educators will expand awareness of unique experiences of gender transitioning/questioning (TQ+) youth; build capacity of parents and educators to support TQ+ youth; and create more belonging and welcoming home and school spaces for TQ+ youth.
The workshop will be led by mental health professional Kieran McMonagle, a trans-man who has supported numerous families with gender-transitioning, gender-expansive, and gender-questioning youth.
Several other Pride Month Events will be hosted by Methow Pride and partners:
• Thursday, June 8, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Twisp River Taphouse, Queer Trivia night with host Ryan.
• Thursday, June 15, 6-8 p.m. at Jupiter restaurant in Winthrop, Fun Pride Music Night with DJ Paula aka Coconut Gouda.
• Friday June 16 and 23 from noon-3 p.m., Young Queer Maker Space at Fireweed Print Shop. Ages 12-17 welcome. Cost is $50. Scholarships are available. To register or for information, contact Laura Gunnip at (509) 449-1789. For scholarship info contact Methow Pride at email@example.com.
• Thursday, June 22, 5-7 p.m. at OSB Taproom in Twisp, Pride sign-making throwdown with DJ Kish, with cross-over to Fireweed Print Shop and roller skating in between.
• Sunday, June 25, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. in Twisp, Pride March from Twisp Town Park to TwispWorks followed by PrideFest with games, spoken word, music and roller skating.