‘Oz’ continues this week
The Methow Valley Theater production of “The Wizard of Oz” continues through this weekend, with shows at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and 2 p.m. on Sunday in the Methow Valley Community Center,
Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for children 12 and under. For more information, visit https://www.methowvalleytheater.org.
Artist Perri Howard and naturalist David Lukas are offering “The Naturalist’s Sketchbook: A Springtime Adventure Series,” a series of three field excursions combined with studio time, on May 6, 13 and 27 from noon-5 p.m. each day. Cost is $95 per class; take one or all three.
Each session will include a two-hour field trip in the Methow Valley, followed by two hours of studio time at Howard’s studio on the TwispWorks campus for writing, drawing, and reflection. Register through Eventbrite; by text or phone (509) 557-2299; or by email at email@example.com.
Trashion Show tickets
General admission tickets are now available online for the June 3 Trashion Show presented by The Confluence: Art in Twisp. Tickets can be purchased at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/6002992. Visit www.confluencegallery.org/events/trashion-show for more information.
General admission ticket prices $20. Ages 21 and over only.
The Trashion Show is returning after a three-year absence related to COVID. It will be at the Methow Valley Community Center in Twisp. Emceed by former executive director of The Merc Playhouse Missy Smith, the show opens for a VIP reception at 5 p.m., followed by a general admission opening at 6 p.m. The design showcase itself begins at 7 p.m.
‘Mamma Mia!” in May
The Liberty Bell Drama Company will present the musical “Mamma Mia!” at The Merc Playhouse in Twisp on May 12, May 18, May 19 and May 20 at 7 p.m., and May 21 at 2 p.m. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. Tickets can be reserved online starting April 14 at http://mercplayhouse.org. Cost is $15 for adults and $5 for students. Limited tickets will be available at the door.
Methow Valley School District students and staff as well as families of the cast and crew can obtain free tickets at the door but will have to pay the ticket price to reserve in advance.
Art Walk is coming
The annual Twisp Spring Art Walk, this year sponsored by the Twisp Chamber of Commerce, will be on May 20 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Glover Street will be closed between Second and Third avenue.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://twispwa.com/events/ if you are interested in participating as a vendor or business.
Live music in the valley
The information below was provided by Methow Music Monthly (MethowMusicMonthly@gmail.com) and other sources.
• First Sundays, The Methow Acoustic Musicians Association — an informal gathering of local folk who like to share music and sing together — meets at The Cove 2, Twisp, 3-5 p.m.
• Tuesdays, Mazama Ukulele Group at Winthrop library community space, 4-6 p.m., newcomers welcome. Email email@example.com for more information.
• Wednesdays, line dancing and more with Debbie Bair at Twisp River Tap House, 6-8:30 p.m. $10.
• Wednesdays, Zumba 101 with Tani at Winthrop Physical Therapy and Fitness, 9:30-10:30 a.m. Free to gym members; drop-in rates available. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Thursdays (no class May 18 or May 25), Zumba with Brandi at Methow Valley Community Center gym, 5:30-6:20 p.m. By donation. Through June, 50% of all donations will go to Friends of the Pool.
• Fridays, open mic jam with Gregg Hardy at Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m.-closing. No cover.
• Fridays, Soleil Kelley, Loren Boley and Isaac Shaw and friends, at Meza restaurant, Winthrop, 6-8 p.m. No cover.
• Thursday May 4, folk/American artist Alex Dunn at OSB Taproom, Twisp, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, May 5, Cinco de Mayo celebration featuring The Summit Band at Twisp River Tap House, 5:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, May 5, open mic with Stephen Kish at Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, May 6, Cordan Welter brings his Americana roots styled songwriting to the Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m. No cover.
• Sunday, May 7, classical guitarist Terry Hunt at Twisp River Tap House, 5:30 p.m. No cover.
• Tuesday, May 9, Karen et Gill at Mazama Public House, 5:30-8:30 p.m. No cover.
• Thursday, May 11, open mic with Stephen Kish at OSB Taproom, Twisp, 5-8 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, May 13, Devils Gulch & Make Up Sax at the Twisp River Tap House, 6 p.m. No cover.
• Sunday, May 14, classical guitarist Terry Hunt at Twisp River Tap House, 5:30 p.m. No cover.
• Friday May 19, Sky Kyss featuring Buddy Thomas, Shelley Block and Chris Campbell at Twisp Eagles, 8 p.m. No cover.