Artist Perri Howard and naturalist David Lukas are offering “The Naturalist’s Sketchbook: A Springtime Adventure Series,” a series of three field excursions combined with studio time, on May 6, 13 and 27 from noon-5 p.m. each day. Cost is $95 per class; take one or all three. Each session will include a two-hour field trip in the Methow Valley, followed by two hours of studio time at Howard’s studio on the TwispWorks campus for writing, drawing, and reflection. Register through Eventbrite; by text or phone, (509) 557-2299; or by email at email@example.com.
Trashion Show tickets
General admission tickets are now available online for the June 3 Trashion Show presented by The Confluence: Art in Twisp. Tickets can be purchased at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/6002992. Visit www.confluencegallery.org/events/trashion-show for more information.
General admission ticket prices $20. Ages 21 and over only.
The Trashion Show is returning after a three-year absence related to COVID. It will be at the Methow Valley Community Center in Twisp. Emceed by former executive director of The Merc Playhouse Missy Smith, the show opens for a VIP reception at 5 p.m., followed by a general admission opening at 6 p.m. The design showcase itself begins at 7 p.m.
‘Mamma Mia!” in May
The Liberty Bell Drama Company will present the musical “Mamma Mia!” at The Merc Playhouse in Twisp on May 12, May 18, May 19 and May 20 at 7 p.m., and May 21 at 2 p.m. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. Tickets can be reserved online starting April 14 at http://mercplayhouse.org. Cost is $15 for adults and $5 for students. Limited tickets will be available at the door.
Methow Valley School District students and staff as well as families of the cast and crew can obtain free tickets at the door but will have to pay the ticket price to reserve in advance.
Art Walk is coming
The annual Twisp Spring Art Walk, this year sponsored by the Twisp Chamber of Commerce, will be on May 20 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Glover Street will be closed between Second and Third avenue.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://twispwa.com/events/ if you are interested in participating as a vendor or business.
R&B Festival tickets
Tickets are now on sale for the annual Winthrop Rhythm & Blues Festival, scheduled for July 21-23 at the Blues Ranch west of Winthrop.
This year’s lineup is scheduled to include Christone “Kingfish” Ingram, North Mississippi Allstars, Ruthie Foster, Marc Broussard, Judith Hill, Eddie 9V, Rick Estrin & the Nightcats, Dwayne Dopsie & the Zydeco Hellraisers, Jackie Venson, Veronica Lewis, Too Slim & the Taildraggers, Yates McKendree, Stephanie Anne Johnson, Tevis Hodge Jr. and the Methow Juke Joint Allstars, a collaboration to musicians.
There will also be local food and craft booths, and on-site camping.
New this year: the Friday night kick-off show will be on the Main Stage with Too Slim & the Taildraggers and Jackie Venson, concluding with an All-Star show in the Big Top Beer Garden featuring Eddie 9V and the Methow Juke Joint Allstars.
Visit https://winthropbluesfestival.com for complete information.
Live music in the valley
The information below was provided by Methow Music Monthly (MethowMusicMonthly@gmail.com) and other sources.
• Wednesdays, line dancing and more with Debbie Bair at Twisp River Tap House, 6-8:30 p.m. $10.
• Wednesdays, Zumba 101 with Tani at Winthrop Physical Therapy and Fitness, 9:30-10:30 a.m. Free to gym members; drop-in rates available. For information, email email@example.com.
• Thursdays, Zumba with Brandi at Methow Valley Community Center gym, 5:30-6:20 p.m. By donation. April through June, 50% of all donations will go to Friends of the Pool.
• Every other Friday (April 28), Ecstatic Dance at Methow Valley Community Center, Wellspring Room, $10.
• Fridays, open mic jam with Gregg Hardy at Twisp River Tap House, 6:30 p.m.-closing. No cover.
• Fridays, Soleil Kelley, Loren Boley and Isaac Shaw and friends, at Meza restaurant, Winthrop, 6-8 p.m. No cover.
• Friday, April 28, singer/songwriter James Coates blends rock, soul, country and R&B, Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, 6-9 p.m. No cover.
• Saturday, April 29, DJ dance party with DJ Bullfrog at Twisp River tap House, 8 p.m.-close. no cover.
• Sunday April 30, classical guitarist Terry Hunt at Twisp River Tap House, 5:30 p.m. No cover.