BLM fees waived
In honor of George Washington’s birthday, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is waiving recreation standard amenity and day-use fees for visitors on Feb. 20. This marks the second of the BLM’s fee-free days of 2023. Fee-free days refer to the waiver of standard amenity fees and day-use fees, such as visitor centers, picnic/day use areas, and National Conservation Lands units where fees are charged. Expanded amenity fees and other fees, like group day use, overnight camping, cabin rentals, and individual special recreation permits, will remain in effect unless the authorized officer determines it is appropriate to waive them.
Cycling Team meeting
The Methow Cycling Team is looking for riders of all levels, grades 6 – 12, to compete in its spring 2023 season. The team meeting for new and returning riders is Wednesday, Feb. 8, from 4 – 5 p.m. in the Liberty Bell High School co Commons.
Registration is open now through the Washington Student Cycling League (WSCL) and goes through March 26. Go to www.https://washingtonleague.org and click on the Register button. Scholarships for registration fees are available through the WSCL website under the Resources tab. The team participates in a schedule of races put on by the WSCL, but competition is not required. Contact Jeremy Newman for information: email@example.com, (509) 341‑4430; or go to www.methowcycling team.com.
Open gym volleyball will be offered on Saturdays at 5 p.m., and Sundays at 3 p.m., in the Liberty Bell High School gym for levels B-BB. There is no charge. Call (509) 429‑0056 for information about scheduling.
• Alpine skiing: skitheloup.com.
• Ice skating: winthroprink.org.
• Nordic skiing: methowtrails.org, skitheloup.com/nordic-skiing.
• Snowshoeing: methowtrails.org/conditions.
• Fat biking: methowtrails.org/conditions, www.facebook.com/methowfatbike;
• Ice fishing: okanogancountry.com/fishing–hunting-winter.
• Snowmobiling: www.facebook.com/methowvalleysnowmobile.
• Sleigh rides: www.sunmountainlodge.com/sun-mountain/sleigh-rides.