Open gym volleyball will be offered on Saturdays at 5 p.m., and Sundays at 3 p.m., in the Liberty Bell High School gym for levels B-BB. There is no charge. Call (509) 429‑0056 for information about scheduling.
• Alpine skiing: skitheloup.com.
• Ice skating: winthroprink.org.
• Nordic skiing: methowtrails.org, skitheloup.com/nordic-skiing.
• Snowshoeing: methowtrails.org/conditions.
• Fat biking: methowtrails.org/conditions, www.facebook.com/methowfatbike;
• Ice fishing: okanogancountry.com/fishing–hunting-winter.
• Snowmobiling: www.facebook.com/methowvalleysnowmobile.
• Sleigh rides: www.sunmountainlodge.com/sun-mountain/sleigh-rides.
Winthrop Trailhead parkrun
The Winthrop Trail parkrun — a free, weekly, timed 5-kilometer run/jog/walk — takes place at 9 a.m. on Saturdays starting from the Methow Trails parking on Horizon Flat Road. Open to all ages and all abilities. Leashed dogs welcome. Register at http://parkrun.us/register and bring along your personal barcode. For information, email email@example.com or visit http://parkrun.us/winthroptrailhead.
Snowshoeing in Mazama
Methow At Home hosts a free snowshoe outing with former ranger Eric Burr on Saturday, Jan. 7, starting at 9:30 a.m. from the Mazama Store. Register at methowathome.org.