Mountain biking for women
The Radical Roots Women’s Mountain Bike Skills Camps is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday (June 18 – 19) as part of the Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance Singletrack Solstice Celebration. The program includes skill development sessions in the mornings and small group instructional rides in the afternoon. Register at www.evergreenmtb.org/methowcelebration. Appropriate for all levels, instruction ranges from basic front wheel lifts and switchback turns to technical climbs, descents, drops and jumps. Cost: $395. For more information, email email@example.com or call (509) 996‑3645.
Summer at the Loup
Loup Ski Bowl is now open and offers the following summer activities:
- Chairlift rides for top-of-the -mountain hiking, sightseeing, picnicking and disc golf.
- An 18-hole alpine disc golf course — 9-holes at the top of the chairlift, and 9-holes at the base area.
- Bike rentals for the whole family.
- Access to miles of gravel roads, ranging from shorter family-friendly routes to challenging all-day or even multi-day bike-packing adventures.
- Hosted gravel rides with sag wagons, lunch and return shuttle rides.
- Camping, including RV and tent camping.
- Food by Saskatoon Kitchens in the day lodge.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.skitheloup.com.
Rink summer activities
The Winthrop Rink is open for summer operations. Programs include:
- Pickleball, Mondays and Thursdays, 6 – 8 p.m., Saturday 9 – 11 a.m., through September. $4 admission, punch cards and season passes available. Paddles, balls, nets free. Try pickleball free the first Monday of the month (July 4, Aug. 1).
- Roller/inline skating, Fridays and Saturdays 6 – 9 p.m. in June, July, August. $6 adults, $4 youth (6 – 17)/seniors, 5 and under free. Skate rentals $2. Helmets, knee/wrist/elbow pads free. Season passes available. Kids skate for free the last Saturday of the month.
- Roller/inline hockey, Wednesdays 6 – 9 p.m. in June, July, August. $6 adults, $4 youth (6 – 17)/seniors, 5 and under free. Skate rentals $2. Helmets, knee/wrist/elbow pads free. Season passes available.
- Adult rollercise (for ages 15 and older) will be offered on Tuesdays from 6 – 8 p.m.; $4 admission, $2 skate rental, $60 seasonal pass.
- Rentals — the skating facility or, separately, the upstairs viewing room are available for rent, by the hour or by the day.
- Kids skate for free on June 25, July 30 and Aug. 27.
Visit www.winthroprink.org, email email@example.com or call (509) 996‑4199 for additional information.