Chewuch campgrounds closed
Three campgrounds in the Chewuch River area operated by the Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife (WDFW) are closed because of safety concerns associated with the 2021 Cub Creek 2 Fire.
The closed campgrounds are the Boulder Creek, Upper Bobcat and Lower Bobcat. Because the campgrounds are within drainages for seasonal creeks, WDFW is concerned that fire debris could wash downstream in large volumes during spring run-off, causing unsafe conditions. WDFW doesn’t know how long the campgrounds will need to be closed.
Take a hike
Methow At Home hosts a free hike starting from Jack’s Trailhead off of Highway 20 on June 2, from 9 a.m. – noon. with Eric Burr. Bring plenty of water, a sack lunch, and maybe rain gear. Register at methowathome.org.
Summer at the Loup
Loup Ski Bowl offers the following summer activities:
- Chairlift rides for top-of-the -mountain hiking, sightseeing, picnicking and disc golf.
- An 18-hole alpine disc golf course — 9-holes at the top of the chairlift, and 9-holes at the base area.
- Bike rentals for the whole family.
- Access to miles of gravel roads, ranging from shorter family-friendly routes to challenging all-day or even multi-day bike-packing adventures.
- Hosted gravel rides with sag wagons, lunch and return shuttle rides.
- Camping, including RV and tent camping.
- Food by Saskatoon Kitchens in the day lodge.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.skitheloup.com.
Rink summer activities
The Winthrop Rink is open for summer operations. Programs include:
- Pickleball, Mondays and Thursdays, 6 – 8 p.m., Saturday 9 – 11 a.m., through September. $4 admission, punch cards and season passes available. Paddles, balls, nets free. Try pickleball free the first Monday of the month.
- Roller/inline skating, Fridays and Saturdays 6 – 9 p.m. in June, July, August. $6 adults, $4 youth (6 – 17)/seniors, 5 and under free. Skate rentals $2. Helmets, knee/wrist/elbow pads free. Season passes available. Kids skate for free the last Saturday of the month.
- Roller/inline hockey, Wednesdays 6 – 8 p.m. in June, July, August. $6 adults, $4 youth (6 – 17)/seniors, 5 and under free. Skate rentals $2. Helmets, knee/wrist/elbow pads free. Season passes available.
- Adult rollercise (for ages 15 and older) will be offered on Tuesdays from 6 – 8 p.m.; $4 admission, $2 skate rental, $60 seasonal pass.
- Rentals — the skating facility or, separately, the upstairs viewing room are available for rent, by the hour or by the day.
Visit www.winthroprink.org, email email@example.com or call (509) 996‑4199 for additional information.