Open mic at Confluence
Cascadia Music and The Confluence are partnering to offer open mic sessions on Thursdays from 5 – 7 p.m. at the gallery on Glover Street in Twisp. Admission is free; donations will be appreciated. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Methow Music Monthly, compiled by local musician George Schneider, is a free listing of live music events in the valley. Email Schneider at MethowMusicMonthly@gmail.com to be included in the listings or to receive the monthly listings via email.
Several performers will appear at the Sun Mountain Lodge dining room. There is no cover charge but dinner reservations are required. Call 996‑4707:
- Dave Nolet plays and sings bossa nova music Wednesday evenings from 5:30 – 7 p.m., through April 30.
- Lynette Westendorf plays solo jazz piano Thursday evenings from 6 – 8 p.m., through April 28.
- Terry Hunt plays solo classical guitar Friday evenings from 6 – 8 p.m., through April 29.
Spring Art Walk
The call is out for artists, makers, performers, food producers and other creative types to participate in the Twisp Spring Art Walk, scheduled for Saturday, May 14, from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. in downtown and surrounding areas.
If interested in participating, and for full event details including how to apply for a free vendor booth, email email@example.com or visit http://twispwa.com/spring-art-walk.
There will also be an after-party from 4 – 7 p.m. Food trucks will be available and downtown restaurants will be open during the event.
Merc’s summer music camp
The Merc Playhouse in Twisp is offering its summer music camp, directed by Megan Hicks and including performances of “Disney’s Winnie the Pooh,” on July 11 – 16 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily.
Kids in third through eighth grades are invited to participate. The camp focuses on all the skills necessary to participate in a musical production: singing, dancing, acting, auditioning, character development and theater discipline. No prior experience necessary.
Tuition is $250. Scholarships are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 997‑7529 with questions or scholarship inquiries.
“Winnie the Pooh” will be performed at 4 p.m. on July 15 and at 2 p.m. on July 16.
For more information, visit www.mercplayhouse.org/theatrically-speaking/announcing-summer-musical-theater-camp-at-the-merc.
Poets read at Confluence
Celebrate National Poetry Month with the Confluence Poets at a free event on Friday, April 15, from 7 – 8:30 p.m. at The Confluence in Twisp. Read a poem you’ve written, one by a favorite poet, or just sit back and listen. Featured poets will be Subhaga Crystal Bacon, Easton Branam, Christine Kendall and Greg Wright. Music by Ken Bevis and Theresa Hayden. The event is limited to 50 people. Proof of vaccination and masks required. Visit https://confluencepoets.com for more information.
- The Methow Valley Chamber Music Festival resumes at its new location, the Twisp Terrace Lodge on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, June 16, 17 and 18, and June 23, 24 and 25. Tickets will be available on the music festival website at https://methowmusicfestival.org in early April.
- The Winthrop Rhythm & Blues Festival returns live after two years of virtual format, July 15 – 17. Tickets and info at https://winthropbluesfestival.com.
- And introducing the First CiderGrass Music Festival on Saturday, June 11, noon – 8 p.m. at John Doran’s ranch near Twisp. More details to come.