Twisp becomes local-shopping-central on the afternoon and evening of Dec. 3 when merchants and the Twisp Chamber of Commerce host “Mistletoe Madness” from 3-7 p.m.
• Businesses throughout downtown Twisp and beyond, and at TwispWorks, will be open normal business hours to offer discounts, drawings and other promotions.
• There will also be an outdoor winter market. Glover Street between Second and Third avenues will be closed, and lined with the booths of local vendors — an opportunity to support the valley’s artists and other creators of quality goods.
• KTRT The Root 97.5 FM will broadcast holiday music plus information about local sales, specials and products available throughout Twisp.
• Sing holiday carols in the back of a sleigh pulled by a horse provided by Darwood Outfitters. Look out for candy cane poles from Twisp Avenue to TwispWorks, which mark the carriage stops. Also, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be walking around downtown Twisp from 3-7 p.m. for greetings and selfies.
• The TwispWorks campus shops and studios will be open, offering more shopping, food, live music and holiday cheer. For complete information, visit. https://twispwa.com/mistletoe-madness.
‘What Local Looks Like’
Back this is year, coordinated by TwispWorks and the Methow Valley chambers of commerce, is “What Local Looks Like,” a promotion to support shopping with valley merchants. Anyone who spends $50 or more at any Methow Valley business, in person or online, can enter into a weekly raffle throughout December to win $100 at a Methow Valley restaurant.