A new effort to compile and distribute information about upcoming live musical events in the valley, Methow Music Monthly, has been launched by local musician George Schneider. Email him at MethowMusicMonthly@gmail.com to be included. Following are events scheduled for November.
• Nov. 5, 12 and 19 at 7 p.m. at the Twisp River Taphouse, singer/songwriter Rick Brisbois performing American, folk and rock. Indoor event, masks required for all guests while not eating and drinking, including the dance floor. No cover. (509) 881-5751.
• Nov. 13, 7-9:30 p.m. at the Twisp River Taphouse, The Marcus Duke Project. Jazz, originals, funky and bluesy, Brazilian and more. Marcus Duke (piano), Dave Nolet (guitar, bass, vocals), Jason Russell (drums), George Schneider (flute). Expect special guest musicians. Indoor event, masks required for all guests while not eating and drinking, including the dance floor. No cover charge. (509) 881-5751.
• Every Thursday and Friday in November from 6-8 p.m. at the Sun Mountain Lodge dining room, Lynette Westendorf plays solo jazz piano. Dinner reservations required. Call 996-2211. Indoor mask requirements in place. No cover charge.
• Every Saturday and Sunday in November from 5-8 p.m. at the Sun Mountain Lodge dining room, Terry Hunt plays solo guitar. Dinner reservations required. Call 996-2211. Indoor mask requirements in place. No cover charge.
• Nov. 26, 6-8:30 p.m. at the Methow Valley Ciderhouse, Winthrop, Darnell Scott playing blues in the same vein as B. B. King, Otis Redding or Sam Cooke. Please be vaccinated. Cover charge $5. Call (509) 341-4354.
• Rehearsals of The Methow Valley Orchestra, directed by Terry Hunt, every Thursday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Methow Valley Community Center in Twisp. Meet in the gym. Social distancing, masks when appropriate, and proof of vaccination required. Hoping to perform for a live audience Dec. 7 and 8, COVID-dependent. For information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Twisp Drum Circle, Fridays 5:30-7:30 p.m. in Twisp, at Bella Luna or George’s Corner two blocks up Twisp River Road. Bring your percussion and groove out. Call George W. at (509) 341-4253 for info. Free.
• Freestyle Ecstatic Dance. Sunday mornings outdoors, 10-11 a.m. Call (509) 341-4253.
• MAMA (Methow Acoustic Music Association). Fall schedule, meet at 3 p.m. during good weather during the first week of every month as long as temperatures are above 50 degrees. Contact Ken Bevis or George Wooten for more information at (509) 341-4253.