Edited on Dec. 31, 2019, to include new information we’ve received and move past events out.
Here’s a selection of things you may want to check out as 2019 morphs into 2020.
Tuesday, Dec. 31
• Vintage Ski Festival: Bring your best vintage Nordic ski gear and meet up at the Mazama Store courtyard for fun, photos, awards and a tour, starting at noon.
• New Year’s Eve Dinner: At Sun Mountain Lodge from 5-10 p.m., cost is $85.
• New Year’s Eve Carnival and Dance: At Sun Mountain Lodge, from 6-10:15 p.m. Cost is $10-$35.
• New Year’s Eve celebration: At Twisp River Suites with music by Emele Clothier and John Evans, and buffet, starting at 7 p.m. Cost is $20.
• New Year’s Eve Costume and Skate Party: Public ice skating session for all ages at Winthrop Rink; half-off admission if in costume, from 7-10 p.m.
• Party: With DJ Mantis at Copper Glance, Winthrop. The free event begins at 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 1
• Breakfast buffet: At Sun Mountain Lodge, 7:30-11 a.m.
• Polar Bear Dip: Dash into Pearrygin Lake, at public access between Silverline Resort and the state park entrance. The free event starts at 10 a.m. Costumes are encouraged.
• New Year’s Day hike: At Alta Lake State Park off of Highway 153, includes guided 2-mile hike with a park ranger, coffee, cocoa and snacks. The free event begins at 1 p.m.
• Piano recital: Local pianist Michael Brady offers his annual holiday recital at The Merc Playhouse in Twisp. The event, which benefits Room One, begins at 2 p.m. Admission is by donation; $25 is suggested. For information, call 996-5002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fat bike, snowshoe at Pearrygin: Take “First Day Ride” on your fat bike at Pearrygin Lake State Park or take a snowshoe hike instead. The free event is from 6-8 p.m. Snacks, warm drinks and bonfire will be provided. No permits or passes are required.
Friday Jan 3
• Music: Wayne and Breathe jazz duo perform in free appearance at Sun Mountain Lodge, from 6-7:30 p.m.