Twisp launches its own entrée to the holidays with the annual Mistletoe Madness celebration on Dec. 5.
The event offers plenty of shopping opportunities, but also a host of other activities for all ages.
Things get started at 4 p.m., and include:
• Businesses throughout downtown Twisp, TwispWorks and the surrounding area will be open starting at 4 p.m. to offer discounts, drawings, cookies, cider and holiday cheer.
• Santa Claus will amble along Glover Street from 4-5 p.m. At 5 p.m., Santa will hop on a horse and carriage for a short trip to Hank’s Harvest Foods, where the community can enjoy food, a firepit and holiday photos.
• Free horse-drawn carriage rides through downtown Twisp, with stops indicated by large candy cane poles and hotspot fire pits
• Holiday carolers will make Glover Street tuneful.
• TwispWorks hosts Gear Up for the Holidays, with more music, food and holiday cheer —including the 4 p.m. opening of Valley Goods Holiday Gift Emporium, presented by the Methow Made program. It will be open every day until Christmas. The seasonal store, at the YourSpace room in the Hosey Building, will feature unique hand-crafted items from more than 30 local artists and craftspeople. Hours are 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• There will be an Art Market at the River Bank Building on Glover Street. Confluence Gallery is bringing together Twisp artists under one roof for shopping convenience from 4-7 p.m. There will be an adult party from 7-11 p.m.
The event is sponsored by the Twisp Chamber of Commerce, Confluence Gallery, Glover Street Market, Hank’s Harvest Foods, Methow Arts, Methow Recycles, Methow Suites, Riverbend RV Park, Twisp River Suites, TwispWorks, Ulrich’s Pharmacy, VIP Cascades Agency and Yo Dog.