Positions up for election in towns, school district
Filing for local elective offices continues through Friday (May 18), with a number of nonpartisan positions coming up for election.
Declaration of candidacy forms must be in the Okanogan County Auditor’s Office by 4 p.m. on Friday. Online filing through the auditor’s web page closes at the same time. For information, go to www.okanogancounty.org and click on “Auditor.” All candidates must be registered voters in the geographic area represented by the office.
Nonpartisan offices for which more than two candidates have filed will appear on the Aug. 6 primary election ballot (mail-in voting, with pre-paid postage, begins July 19).
There will be a special thee-day filing period, if needed, from May 23–25 for offices that no one has filed for during the regular period.
Incumbent candidates and their current positions that will be up for election are:
• Hospital District 1 (Three Rivers Hospital) — Commissioner Position No. 2, at-large, two-year unexpired term, Leslie McNamara; Position No. 3, six-year term, Mike Pruett*; Position No. 4, six-year term, Cherryl Thomas.
• Town of Twisp — Mayor Soo Ing-Moody*, four-year term; Council Position No. 1, two-year unexpired term, Hannah Cordes*; Position No. 3, four-year term, Alan Caswell; Position No. 4, four-year short and full term, Mark Easton*; Position No. 5, four-year term, Hans Smith*.
• Town of Winthrop — Council Position No. 3, four-year term, Ben Nelson; Position No. 4, four-year term, William Kilby; Position No. 5, four-year term, Bill McAdow.
• Methow Valley School District — Director, District 1, four-year term, Judith Hardmeyer-Wright*; District 3, four-year term, Mary Anne Quigley*; District 5 at large, four-year term, Frank Kline*.
• Okanogan County Fire District No. 6 — Commissioner, Position No. 2, six-year term, Darold Brandenburg.
• Cemetery District 1 — Commissioner Position 1, four-year unexpired term, Gary Marchbank*; Position No. 2, six-year term, Don Waller*; Position No. 3, two-year unexpired term, Teresa Mathis*.
• Cemetery District 2 — Commissioner, Position No. 3, six-year term, Dick Webb.
* = Filed for re-election as of Tuesday (May 14).