Several candidates on the local ballot will be running unopposed in the general election:
• Larry Gilman of Omak (prefers Republican) filed to replace County Assessor Scott Furman, who said earlier that he was retiring.
• County Clerk Charleen Groomes of Riverside (prefers Republican) is running for re-election and is unopposed.
• County Coroner David Rodriguez of Twisp (prefers Republican) is also running unopposed for re-election.
• County Treasurer Leah Mc Cormack of Omak (prefers Republican) is also seeking re-election and is unopposed.
• Okanogan County District Court judges Robert Grim of Winthrop and Charles Short of Nespelem are both unopposed in their quest for re-election to the nonpartisan positions.
• William Coylar of Carlton is unopposed for the Okanogan County Public Utility District position No. 2 seat.