Aero Methow Rescue Service in Twisp has received a $4,300 grant from the Community Foundation of North Central Washington, which awarded $120,855 in grants to local nonprofits from the fall cycle of its Regional Impact Grants.
The grants are offered twice a year to nonprofit agencies for special projects, needs, and enhancements that benefit the region. The foundation received double the amount of grant requests than usual, making the grant more competitive. With a recent $40,000 gift from an anonymous donor from The Seattle Foundation, an additional $20,000 in grants was awarded.
Aero Methow’s grant will pay for a $4,300 adult CPR training mannequin to be used for basic and advanced life support and EMS courses for health care professionals in the Okanogan, North Douglas, and Chelan County service areas.
Other grants of note:
• Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus was awarded $2,500 to support one of its four annual concerts.
• The Omak Performing Arts Center was awarded $5,000 for a lighting console.
• Hawkwatch International was awarded a $2,000 stipend for a volunteer biologist at Chelan Ridge Raptor Project.
• NCW Audubon Society was awarded $2,275 for a website designer to create a web-based birding guide covering Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan and Ferry counties.
• Okanogan County Community Action Council was awarded $4,000 to support administrative, supervisory and space costs for VISTA members.